Four unidentified assailants killed one and injured at least two others in Gurgaon in an apparent gang war, police said on Tuesday. “Four unidentified bike-borne men fired indiscriminately on the SUV of Manish Gujjar, brother of a jailed gangster, Binder Gujjar, here on rail road around 12.30 a.m. on Tuesday,” a senior police officer said. Gujjar, a liquor trader, was on his way to his shop on Railway Road in his SUV to collect cash at the time of the attack. He reportedly received more than a dozen bullets, said the police.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
He was rushed to the Medanta Medicity hospital, where doctors declared him dead on arrival.
Gujjar’s driver Sukhbir and one of his close aides were also critically injured in the incident.
Police linked the shootout to gang rivalry.
Binder Gujjar, the gangster-turned-politician, allegedly involved in number of cases of murder, attempt to murders, extortion and other crimes, is currently in jail.
Gujjar’s close aide and gangster Mahesh — alias Attack — was also shot dead by his rival Kaushal and his accomplices on September 21, near Jharsa Chowk here while he was returning home in an SUV.
Kaushal was reportedly close to another slain gangster Sandeep Gadoli.
Gadoli was killed in an aparently fake shootout by Gurgaon police in a Mumbai hotel on February 7, at the alleged behest of Binder Gujjar.
A Mumbai Special Investigation Team had filed its report to the Supreme Court on the fake encounter in May in which five Gurgaon policemen and three others were involved.