A Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandak Committee (SGPC) employee, Gurpreet Singh, was injured by what seemed to be a stray bullet while he was on duty near the Dukh Bhanjani Beri inside the Golden Temple premises Thursday.
The incident, which happened around 2:30 pm, created panic among devotees and the police administration. The bullet first hit Gurpreet’s turban, then pierced his jacket, and later grazed his belly. He was immediately rushed to the hospital and was declared out of danger. Police, however, is yet to identify the person who fired the bullet.
Bullet fired by an unidentified person from outside Golden Temple hits an SGPC employee on duty in Golden Temple. pic.twitter.com/e4DHolekgL
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
— ANI (@ANI_news) January 14, 2016
“It seems that the bullet was fired a good distance away from the Golden Temple. The bullet was on a downward trajectory when it hit the turban of the injured person. We also have video footage that suggests the same. From the video, it is clear that the bullet first hit the turban and then crossed his jacket before hitting the ground. It is likely a .315 bore caliber gunshot. We are looking for the person who fired it. A forensic team from Chandigarh is investigating the case,” said ACP Amandeep Singh Brar.
The video footage being scanned by police was procured from the CCTV cameras installed in the premises.
After registering an FIR against an unidentified person, police is now checking arms and ammunition records to zero in on the owners of .315 bore caliber guns in area around the Golden Temple. SGPC Additional Secretary Daljit Singh Bedi said that the injured employee was out of danger.