A Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandak Committee (SGPC) employee, Gurpreet Singh, was injured by what seemed to be a stray bullet while he was on duty near the Dukh Bhanjani Beri inside the Golden Temple premises Thursday.
The incident, which happened around 2:30 pm, created panic among devotees and the police administration. The bullet first hit Gurpreet’s turban, then pierced his jacket, and later grazed his belly. He was immediately rushed to the hospital and was declared out of danger. Police, however, is yet to identify the person who fired the bullet.
Bullet fired by an unidentified person from outside Golden Temple hits an SGPC employee on duty in Golden Temple. pic.twitter.com/e4DHolekgL
— ANI (@ANI_news) January 14, 2016
“It seems that the bullet was fired a good distance away from the Golden Temple. The bullet was on a downward trajectory when it hit the turban of the injured person. We also have video footage that suggests the same. From the video, it is clear that the bullet first hit the turban and then crossed his jacket before hitting the ground. It is likely a .315 bore caliber gunshot. We are looking for the person who fired it. A forensic team from Chandigarh is investigating the case,” said ACP Amandeep Singh Brar.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The video footage being scanned by police was procured from the CCTV cameras installed in the premises.
After registering an FIR against an unidentified person, police is now checking arms and ammunition records to zero in on the owners of .315 bore caliber guns in area around the Golden Temple. SGPC Additional Secretary Daljit Singh Bedi said that the injured employee was out of danger.