A woman delivered a baby boy on a moving train near Umargam in Valsad Tuesday, Umargam railway station superintendent R P Mishra said. Some women passengers helped the woman during the delivery Mayadevi, a native of Rajasthan, along with her husband Mohan Jayeshwal, was travelling in S1 Coach of Bandra- Bikaner Express train on Tuesday evening.
Mayadevi started to experience labour pain when the train crossed Dahanu railway station. Her husband requested the women passengers to help his wife deliver the baby. Immediately, all men passengers went on one side and women passengers, under the deft hands of some elderly women, helped Mayadevi to deliver the baby boy on the moving train near Umargam railway station in Valsad district.
Meanwhile, the stationmaster of Umargam was informed about the medical emergency. He kept the doctors and nurses ready to take care of the new-born baby and the mother. After giving primary treatment to both the mother and baby at Umargam railway station, they were shifted to Renuka Hospital at Umargam, where their condition is reported to be normal. The train made an unscheduled halt for over 35 minutes at Umargam railway station and then it continued its onward journey, Mishra said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen