Three persons of a family, including a man and his two sons, were killed and 11 injured when two groups clashed over personal animosity at Talaja town in Bhavnagar district of Gujarat, police said on Monday. The incident took place late on Sunday night at Khoja Society in Gulubhai-ni-Wadi locality when the groups clashed with each other using revolver, swords and also pelted stones, they said. Pyar Ali Medhvani (52) and his two sons–Hussain Medhvani (25) and Abbas Ali Medhvani (24)– were killed when they were hit by bullets fired from a revolver allegedly by one Ghulam Bhurani, police said.
“The clash erupted between two groups of the same community late last night over old rivalry. Groups wielding revolver, swords and stones clashed with each other that left three persons of the same family dead, and eleven others injured who are being treated at various hospitals,” a police official at Talaja police station said. An FIR was registered by one Nilam Medhvani (23), the daughter of deceased Pyar Ali Medhvani against three persons, including one Gulubhai Bhurani who allegedly fired from his revolver.
An old rivalry between the two groups was on the issue of niyaz, exchange of religious offerings, police said. The case is being investigated even as the persons named in the FIR are yet to be arrested, the police official said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing