A jeweller allegedly kidnapped and assaulted by four bike-borne men in Surendranagar around 106 kms from Rajkot managed to escape from the dragnet of the kidnappers when they let him enter his house to take money and pay them Rs 30 lakh ransom on Friday night.
Ajgarali Sheikh alias Bablu Bengali was allegedly intercepted by the four men on two bikes near Aravind Society in Surendranagar town at 10.45 pm when he was on his way home on his motor-bike after closing his jewellery
shop near Mahalakshmi Talkies, police said. The kidnappers threatened the jeweller with knives and made him ride pillion in one of their bikes.
“They took Sheikh near a canal of the Narmada project and robbed him of Rs 5000 cash that he was carrying. They attacked him with knives and demanded Rs 30 lakh ransom for his release. But the jeweller told them that
he was not carrying that much cash along and promised to pay them the ransom if he was allowed to go home to collect money. The kidnappers agreed. But as soon as Sheikh entered his house, he let out a loud cry and
fell unconscious. As his family members shouted for help, the kidnappers sensed threat and sped away on their bikes,” Rajendransinh Chudasama, in-charge police inspector of A Division police station in Surendrangar
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Police said that the jeweller also lost his two gold finger rings in the scuffle with the kidnappers. He was rushed to a hospital and lodged a complaint with police on Saturday morning after he regained consciouness. In his complaint, he named Manharsinh Zala, Imran Sheikh, Sakir Khokhar and one unidentified men as accused.
“The accused—Zala, Sheikh and Khokhar— live in the same locality of Harsidhhi Park as the jeweller. Therefore, the jeweller knows the trio and the vice versa. We are trying to identify the fourth man,” Chudasama further said.
Sheikh is the leading jeweller of Surendrangar. A native of West Bengal, 40-year-old Sheikh also has interests in real estate. “His injuries are not serious. The kidnappers drew lines on his body with knives and threatened him. Efforts are on to nab the assailants,” the PI added.
On the basis of Sheikh’s complaint, a Division police of Surendranagar have booked the four for kidnapping with an intent to seek ransom, robbery and voluntary causing hurt.