To help workers and people from lower strata of the society who may face problem in getting their monthly salaries from their employers due to demonetisation, the Gujarat government Friday said it would undertake a drive to open Jan Dhan account for everyone outside the banking system.
Watch What Else Is Making News
State Chief Secretary J N Singh and K Kailashnathan, Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, on Friday briefed all the district collectors and other senior officials through video conference on the issue, an official release said. Under the project, the government will organise camps in various parts of the state to facilitate opening of Jan Dhan accounts, it said. Apart from opening an account, Ru-Pay debit cards would be distributed on the spot, said the release.
The district collectors and officials from industries as well as labour and employment departments have been asked to commence the work on urgent basis, stated the release. Gandhinagar district collector has taken an initiative under this drive to open help desks in three vegetable markets in Gandhinagar city to guide people in getting their bank accounts opened under Jan Dhan Scheme. The three desks will be opened from November 26 to December 7.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Gandhinagar District Collector Satish Patel said, “We have taken this initiative for various reasons and impact of demonetisation is one of them. Many employers may not be able to pay monthly salaries to their employees in cash due to demonetisation. They may deposit their employees’ salaries in their accounts. So, to ensure that those who do not have bank accounts do not get difficulty in getting salaries, we have taken this initiative to help them in opening bank accounts under Jan Dhan Scheme.” With PTI inputs