With Akshai Aggarwal demitting office of the vice chancellor of the Gujarat Technological University(GTU), the state government has formed a search committee to suggest names for a suitable person to fill VC’s post in the university.
Speaking to The Indian Express Thursday, State Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasma said, “A search committee headed by Gujarat University vice chancellor M N Patel has been formed. The committee will recommend three suitable names for the post and the government will select one of them.”
Chudasma said the committee would submit its report within a month.
- Congress slams BJP govt over school fees in Gujarat
- Gujarat varsity convocation: Discontent due to unemployment in state, says Governor
- Gujarat govt forms search panel for GTU vice-chancellor
- Minister forced me to take decisions against rules: Ex-V-C of GU to CM
- GU V-C Adesh Pal resigns
- Two years on,GTU forms panel to frame varsity rules
Besides, Patel as chairman of the committee, there are three members in the committee with one of them Pankaj Jani of the Ambedkar University. Other two members are from University Grants Commission and All Indias Council for Technical Education.
Patel, however, said, “I have not received any formal letter from the government about my appointment as chairman of the search committee.”