The Gujarat government on Thursday declared all the eight municipal corporations and 162 municipalities as Open Defecation Free (ODF) under the Swachh Bharat Mission. A total of 5,47,642 toilets have been built for 54 lakh urban families who did not have a toilet as per the Census 2011, stated an official release from the state government. These toilets built at a cost of Rs 567 crore by the municipal corporations and the municipalities. A grant of Rs 162 crore was received from the NDA government for building these toilets, the release added.
This year on October 2, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani while addressing a public gathering announced that three districts of Porbandar, Mehsana and Narmada had become ODF. Apart from these three districts, he also declared 30 talukas, 117 cities and towns and 3000 villages of the state as ODF.
Apart from this, the state government has also built 174 new pay-and-use toilet blocks at the cost of Rs 6.25 crore. This is in addition to an estimated 1500 pay-and-use toilets that are present across the state. Another 165 community toilet shed blocks have also been constructed at the cost of Rs 1.35 crore.
The state government also claimed to have conducted “third-party inspection” of these toilets from Quality Council of India.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review