In a bid to counter BJP’s chest-thumping over Army’s surgical strikes along the LoC, the Congress’s unit in Gujarat on Monday decided to revive the memories of India’s successful campaign in the 1971 war against Pakistan under the leadership of the then prime minister Indira Gandhi.
Congress has made grand plans for a year-long celebrations to mark the 100 birth anniversary of Indira Gandhi, starting November 19. In the run-up to the 2017 Assembly polls, the Congress would inform the younger generation that how under the leadership of Indira Gandhi, the Army dealt a crushing defeat to Pakistan by forcing its 90,000 personnel to surrender to the Indian Army and “snatching” East Pakistan to create Bangladesh, and thus changing the map of the world in 1971.
A decision in this regard was taken at the state party’s executive committee meeting here on Monday, said Gujarat Congress chief Bharatsinh Solanki.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai