Two textile labourers returning home from work were killed when a speeding car driven by a policeman, hit them and over turned soon after hitting a road divider, early Tuesday morning. The police arrested the driver who was a police constable posted at Ichhapore police station and two others and also recovered liquor bottles d from the spot.
The incident took place near Satvalla bridge on Sachin Palsana road, Tuesday early morning. The constable Sahaj Shrimali posted in Ichhapore police station in Surat city and his friends Raju Shah and Rahul Singh, both residents of Kawas area in Surat city, were returning home from Daman.
Watch what else is making news
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Police sources said trio were drunk and after the car crossed Satvalla bridge, near Sachin GIDC gate no. 2, Sahaj, who was driving the car, lost control over the wheel as a result of which the car hit two of the labourers identified as Baijnath Yadav (35) and Rudranath Yadav (36), who were returning home from their job in a textile factory in Sachin GIDC.
Shrimali failed to control the speed of the car and hit the road divider as a result of which the car overturned. Some passers by informed police control room about the incident.
Sachin GIDC police staff reached the spot and took out Shrimali, Shah and Singh from the car and also found Baijnath and Rudranath lying on the road in the pool of blood. They were immediately rushed to New Civil hospital, where both textile labourers were declared dead on arrival by doctors. The police also found Shrimali, Shah and Singh heavily drunk. After primary treatment they were arrested.
Talking to the Indian Express Sachin GIDC police inspector FB Pathan said, “We have registered offence under different sections of the prohibition act and for reckless driving. Four liquor bottles were seized from the spot. The accused police constable Shrimali was off duty. The three had gone to Daman where they got drunk and were returning to Surat, with Shrimali at the wheel”