The Gujarat Congress today accused the BJP-led state government of not doing enough to stop atrocities on Dalits and depriving them of their basic rights. In a rally here organised by the party in support of Dalits, Gujarat Congress chief Bharatsinh Solanki raised the recent incident of flogging of Dalit youths in Una town of Gir Somnath district and alleged that such incidents are on the rise.
“Not just Gujarat, such atrocities on Dalits are on the rise wherever BJP is in power in the country at present. BJP government here is also snatching away basic rights of Dalits, such as cheap education and affordable housing. It shows BJP government’s anti-Dalit mentality,” alleged Solanki.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
“When Congress was in power in Gujarat, Dalits used to get plots to build their own houses from government. But, this BJP government is not showing any interest in providing such plots since last 15 years” alleged Solanki, who was accompanied by Leader of Opposition in Gujarat Assembly Shankersinh Vaghela and many other party leaders.
Vaghela alleged that BJP government does not believe in the Constitution prepared under the leadership of B R Ambedkar.
“Our Constitution is the best in the whole world. But sadly, BJP government does not have any faith in it. Not just Dalits, people from all other communities are suffering due to such arrogant attitude of BJP government,” he alleged.