AHEAD OF Diwali, Gujarati new year and Bhai Beej, BJP president Amit Shah Friday held a core committee meeting in Gandhinagar. The focus of the meeting, termed ‘sneh milan’ by the party ahead of festivities, remained defence forces. The party decided to reach out to defence personnel and their family members in two ways. The first, the party directed that every BJP worker will light a lamp on Diwali expressing yaad, maan, samman and gaurav (in memory, honour, respect and pride) towards all defence personnel — serving, retired and martyred.
“It was decided during the meeting to reach out to as many defence personnel and their family members in the state as possible during Diwali. This is an attempt to honour the defence personnel who are posted far away from their homes,”said BJP spokesperson Bharat Pandya.
The party also decided to make the general public aware of ‘sandesh2soldiers’ — a mobile app launched by PM Narendra Modi. The party workers have been asked to share videos and photos on this app and encourage others to do so.
Amid the ongoing military and paramilitary operations in Jammu and Kashmir, including the surgical strikes, BJP has started collecting information about defence personnel from the state. Similar programmes to honour them have already been organised in Ahmedabad last week.
The meeting was attended by several BJP leaders, including CM Vijay Rupani, his deputy Nitin Patel, Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama, state BJP chief Jitu Vaghani and minister of state for home Pradipsinh Jadeja.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest