TWO POLICE constables were seriously injured after they were allegedly assaulted by six men in a motor car after police stopped them for alleged rash driving on National Highway 51 near Rajula in Amreli district in the wee hours of Tuesday.
While patrolling, police constables Mohammed Unad and Chapraj Sindhav of Dunagar police station, signalled a car to stop. “The constables were coming on the highway from an approach road when the car zoomed past them threateningly at 1:30 am. The constables signalled the car to stop and asked its driver to accompany them to Dungar police station as they had committed the crime of rash driving. Initially, the driver obliged. But they stopped after some distance. When the constables ordered them again to follow the police car, the men in the car assaulted them with iron pipesand sped away,” Suresh Acharya, Rajula circle police inspector said.
The CPI said that the injured constables were rushed to a private hospital in Bhavnagar. “Both of them have sustained serious head injuries and had become unconscious after the assault,” said Acharya.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen