Health Minister JP Nadda Thursday launched the National Framework for Malaria Elimination (NFME) 2016-2030, which outlines the country’s strategy for elimination of the disease by 2030.
“This framework has been developed with a vision to eliminate malaria from the country and contribute to improved health and quality of life and alleviation of poverty,” said the health minister during the launch. The document lays down the roadmap for advocating and planning malaria elimination in the country in a phased manner.
The incidence of malaria in the country is at 0.08% in a population of nearly 1.25 billion. In 2015, 1.13 million cases (provisional figures) were reported. Deaths due to malaria also declined from 1,005 in 2001 to 562 in 2014. In 2015, the reported number of deaths stood at 287 (provisional figures).
Overall, in the last 10 years, total malaria cases declined by 42 per cent, from 1.92 million in 2004 to 1.1 million in 2014 combined with a 40.8 per cent decline in malaria-related deaths from 949 to 562. At present, 80 per cent of malaria cases occur among 20 per cent of population classified as “high risk”, although 82 per cent of the country’s population lives in malaria transmission-risk areas. These high-risk populations are found in 200 districts of Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, MP, Maharashtra, Odisha, West Bengal and the Northeast.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More