Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Ghulam Nabi Azad Sunday said the NDA government was trying to divert attention from its “failures” by raking up issues like Uniform Civil Code and triple talaq. He also claimed that the “secular political parties and the media” had become “tools” by following the government’s agenda.
“I mean we are taking forward their agenda, their path and I will advise both media as well as secular parties that we should not fall prey to the political agenda of the NDA,” Azad told reporters at the AICC headquarters after announcing the induction of Maulana Obaidullah Khan Azmi, a three-time Rajya Sabha MP, into the party. Khan, who hails from Azamgarh, was with the JD(U) earlier.
Accusing Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his government of having failed to deliver their election promises, Azad said “they have now decided to entangle and mislead the people in such issues”.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“So that we keep discussing these issues round the clock. BJP ke liye to lottery nikli….we have forgotten to criticise them, pinpoint their faults, examine whether roads were made, Swacch Bharat was implemented properly or not, employment was generated or not….that is why the BJP and the NDA government thrusts forward this agenda and then we keep fighting amongst ourselves,” he said.
Talking to The Indian Express later, Khan Azmi said the concept of triple talaq was being misused by some, but the course correction had to come from within and not by a law.