GOA POLICE have arrested three men on charges of kidnapping and sexually abusing a 16-year-old minor in confinement for over a month. The girl was rescued by the police from a house at Cuncolim in South Goa on Thursday night.
Police said a labourer named Raju and his friends Mohan and Biswajeet had befriended the minor girl. “Over a period of time, Raju lured the girl with a job offer and promised her a lucrative income. He sweet-talked the girl into abandoning her family and accompanying the group for better prospects. However, upon reaching a house at Navelim in Madgaon, the trio confined the 16-year-old girl against her will,” Panaji Police Inspector Sidhant Shirodkar said.
- Court rejects bail to cleric who officiated 13 year old’s marriage to 40 year old man
- Delhi Police arrest 21-yr-old for raping minor girl who delivered a child
- Thane: Man gets seven years rigorous imprisonment for sexually assaulting minor cousin
- Bombay High Court advocate held for ‘marrying’ minor, ‘abusing’ her
- Ghaziabad: Girl ‘sexually harassed’ in school bus, class XI boy gets bail
- Man, wife arrested for trying to sell 16-year-old at GB Road
Citing the minor’s statement, the police said Raju had sexually abused her repeatedly while she continued to remain under his unlawful custody.
Following a complaint of kidnapping lodged by the girl’s mother in the last week of December, the Goa Police had deployed a search party and traced the trio to Ankola taluka in neighbouring Karnataka.
“A team was sent to the neighbouring state and the three suspects were arrested subsequently,” Shirodkar said.
The police said the accused men had moved the victim to another location at Cuncolim in South Goa, close to the Karnataka border.
All the three men have been booked under Section 8 of Goa Children’s Act (Child abuse), R/W IPC 376 (Rape). The minor, meanwhile, has been sent for counselling and treatment.