Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar has said that all prisoners of the Sada sub jail would be shifted to the newly commissioned Colvale prison within two to three months.
“We will transfer all the prisoners from Sada sub jail to Colvale in another two-three months,” he told reporters yesterday.
He was reacting to the recent incidents of murder and suicides reported in Sada sub jail, located in the port town of Vasco.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“It was for the same reason that we gave priority to the construction of new jail at Colvale,” the CM said.
The new Colvale jail was inaugurated on May 30, 2016, where all prisoners from erstwhile Aguada jail were shifted. Parsekar said few phases of Colvale jail are completed, and it will take two-three more months to finish the entire work on it. Following shifting of all prisoners, the Aguada Jail premises has been taken up for beautification and development as a tourist spot by the Goa Tourism Development Corporation.
The Sada sub jail was in news last week after a prisoner was murdered by a fellow inmate in the premises. A fortnight back, two women prisoners had allegedly attempted suicide by consuming phenol.