Subhash Velingkar, the RSS rebel and regional language crusader, today announced formation of a new political party – Goa Suraksha Manch (GSM) – ahead of the state Assembly polls. However, his name did not figure in the first list of office-bearers released today. The Goa Suraksha Manch would be headed by Anand Shirodkar, a senior Bharatiya Bhasha Suraksha Manch (BBSM) leader.
Velingkar, who heads the BBSM, said the newly formed party has its presence across 35 (out of 40) constituencies of Goa and is determined to defeat BJP in the state polls due next year. BBSM has been agitating against the state government while demanding mother tongue be made medium of instruction (MOI) and withdrawal of grants to English medium schools. Notably, the first list of office-bearers, which was announced today, did not have Velingkar’s name in it. “We are in talks with parties like Shiv Sena and Goa Praja Party for alliance during Goa polls. Our proposal to MGP
to join hands also stands. If MGP responds, we can discuss seat sharing with them. But with or without MGP, we are going to defeat BJP,” Velingkar said.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
He said the existence of BBSM will continue even after formation of GSM. BBSM’s political cell head Uday Bhembre told reporters that the party will also focus on various other issues like power and water in the state. “Goa has to be self sustainable on water and power fronts. These issues will also be given priority along with the MOI, if the party comes to power,” Bhembre said. The BBSM has decided to be in the electoral fray to oppose the ruling BJP in Goa after the ruling party refused to withdraw grants to English medium schools.
The RSS had recently ‘relieved’ its Goa Vibhag Sangh Chalak Velingkar, who then formed a parallel outfit called RSS Goa Prant. The BBSM has been agitating demanding regional languages as Medium of Instruction in the state’s elementary education.