STILL IN a shock after learning that her son allegedly murdered Goa-based perfumer Monika Ghurde, Raj Kumar Singh’s mother Reshma on Friday said the family is not in a financial condition to fight a legal battle.
The family did not even know that Singh, 21, had landed a job as a watchman at an apartment complex in Sangolda, Goa, where he is accused of killing Ghurde, 39, on October 5 after torturing and sexually abusing her. “He was not in touch with us for a long time; neither did he send money home,” Reshma, 42, said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
According to his uncle Munshi Ram, Singh had left home in 2013 without informing anyone. He called up months later to inform he was living in Mumbai, he added.
Singh’s family lives in a one-room kucha house in Malkana village of Punjab’s Bathinda district. Reshma said she and her husband, Gurmeet Singh, 45, work as daily wage labourers.
She said, “Raj lived at my parents’ house in Chakerkhera village, in Haryana’s Dabwali district, from his childhood, and visited us only during his holidays. The last time he had come home was four years back.”
Three of Singh’s siblings stay with his parents.
Stating that it is a heinous crime and Singh should be punished as per law if he is found guilty, Munshi Ram said, “Raj had left the village (in Haryana) along with a friend in 2013. The two went to Delhi and spent the night at the railway station. His friend found Raj missing from the station in the morning and returned home,” Munshi Ram said.