Hosting the BRICS summit here was a challenge which state government has converted into an opportunity, Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar said on Monday. “In fact, hosting the summit was a challenge which the government has converted into an opportunity by creating permanent infrastructure which will be used for state in long run,” Parsekar said.
The 8th BRICS summit, attended by heads of member countries including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, concluded on Sunday. The CM expressed his gratitude for people of Goa, especially residents of South Goa, for extending their support and cooperation “in making BRICS and BIMSTEC summit a grand success.”
“Prior to commencement of the BRICS summit, the state government laid emphasis on developing adequate infrastructure like improving and widening of road networks, illumination of streets, cleanliness measures, including beautification of Colva Junction (in Margao town) and development of roads along national highway,” Parsekar said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He said the government succeeded in improving mobile connectivity by installing necessary mobile towers in low-connectivity areas, which is a step towards development.