Goa Forward party on Sunday cautioned the BJP against misusing sacrifices and courage of soldiers for political benefit, in wake of the state Assembly polls due next year. “BJP should not misuse the sacrifices and courage of Indian soldiers for political benefit. The proposed felicitation of Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar in Goa in the backdrop of surgical strike across LoC is in bad taste,” Goa Forward spokesperson Durgadas Kamat said in a press statement released on Sunday.
Kamat was reacting to Goa BJP’s decision to felicitate Parrikar on October 4 in Panaji for the surgical strike by the Army in which terror camps across LoC were destroyed.
“BJP Goa unit’s decision to felicitate Parrikar on October 4 for Army’s action (surgical strike) is nothing but cheap publicity by the ruling BJP in the state,” he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“For years now our soldiers have sacrificed their lives whether it is in Kashmir or other part of LoC. We never saw this trend in the past where a politician was felicitated for our soldiers’ bravery,” Kamat said.
He said it would be appreciable if the soldiers who fight for the country were felicitated by BJP rather than the politician.
“The soldiers are fighting for the country and not on behalf of any political party. By trying to take credit for their courage during upcoming election, BJP is insulting them. This move should be condemned by the entire nation,” he said.
Parrikar is expected to address a gathering on October 4 at the historic Azad Maidan here, where he would be congratulated and felicitated for the achievements over the surgical strike, BJP Goa unit president Vinay Tendulkar said earlier today.