In the run up to the 2017 state assembly elections, Goa State Election Commission on Monday launched a contest offering the latest in electronic gadgets to increase voter enrollment among youngsters.
The contest, titled ‘EPIC Selfie Contest’, requires a voter to click a selfie with their Elector Photo Identity Card (EPIC) or a Form 6 (enrollment form) and submit it as a message to the official Facebook Page of the Chief Electoral Officer. “Those with the EPIC selfie stand a chance to win a Redmi Note 3, JBL Flip 3 and a 1TB External Hard Disk,” the commission said. The contest ends on October 7 at 7.00 pm.
Watch what else is making news
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Speaking to The Indian Express, State Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Kunal said that the conceptualization of the idea was from student interns working with CEO’s office. “It’s about motivating new generation to enroll in the Electoral Roll and be a participant citizen,” Kunal added.
Student volunteer, Varidhish Desai said the commission felt that the contest would raise awareness, engage and encourage the youth to participate in the electoral process. “Everyone likes to click selfies and we feel that this event would be good platform to involve the youth in the upcoming elections,” Desai said. The contest went live on the social media pages of Goa’s Chief Electoral Officer, late in the evening.