A young woman jumped from the second floor of a two-storey house in Liluah in Howrah district to evade an alleged sexual assault, a police official said on Monday.
The incident occured at Payerabagan area in Liluah on Sunday, he said.
The woman jumped from building, after three men, including her boyfriend, allegedly tried to rape her. She survived the jump and was immediately hospitalised.
- Man in Palghar district booked for raping woman, causing miscarriage
- Woman, daughter jump off moving Howrah-Jodhpur Express to escape eve-teasing
- Woman attacked as she resists rape bid by four, dies
- Howrah: Teenaged girl found hanging in govt home
- Woman kidnapped from Mumbai, raped in Gujarat; 3 booked
- Howrah rape: Accused to be presented before court today
The youths allegedly got drunk and tried to induce the woman into drinking, the official said.
Suspecting foul play, the woman jumped from the roof of the house to evade assault, the official said, adding she sustained injuries on her head and was rushed to a local hospital by the youths.
She was later released after first aid.
The three accused namely Nonto Bose, Samir Nayak and Chotan have been booked with charges of molestation. The three youths who would be produced in court later.