A young woman jumped from the second floor of a two-storey house in Liluah in Howrah district to evade an alleged sexual assault, a police official said on Monday.
The incident occured at Payerabagan area in Liluah on Sunday, he said.
The woman jumped from building, after three men, including her boyfriend, allegedly tried to rape her. She survived the jump and was immediately hospitalised.
- Shelter home girls, including Rohingya kids, to walk ramp in fashion show in Kolkata
- Woman ‘gangraped’ by four youths at gunpoint in Etawah
- Haryana Dalit girl gangraped, murdered: Attackers thrust object into girl’s body, says doctor
- Four rape cases reported in a day from across Delhi
- Police detain four in Karnataka Dalit girl’s ‘rape’ and murder
- Howrah rape: Accused to be presented before court today
The youths allegedly got drunk and tried to induce the woman into drinking, the official said.
Suspecting foul play, the woman jumped from the roof of the house to evade assault, the official said, adding she sustained injuries on her head and was rushed to a local hospital by the youths.
She was later released after first aid.
The three accused namely Nonto Bose, Samir Nayak and Chotan have been booked with charges of molestation. The three youths who would be produced in court later.