An Army jawan has been arrested in connection with the alleged gangrape of a 14-year-old girl on board the Howrah-Amritsar Express. A Howrah court Tuesday sent to Mandrish Tripathi to seven days’ police custody.
Tripathi, a resident of UP’s Sultanpur, had allegedly forced the Class IX student to drink liquor when she was travelling to Ludhiana to meet a Facebook friend, said police. Later, he and two other Armymen allegedly gangraped her, they added. The two other accused are still at large.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The victim, a resident of Kolkata’s Dum Dum area, was rescued by RPF and GRP personnel from Jharkhand’s Madhupur station Monday. Police said the girl had told her family that she wanted to travel to Ludhiana to meet a friend. When she was not permitted, she reportedly left home without informing her family and boarded the train at Howrah Sunday.
Police said the victim reportedly entered a compartment reserved for Armymen, where Tripathi allegedly forced her to drink. The victim has alleged that when she went to the toilet, the three Armymen threatened her and raped her six times, said police.
At Madhupur, some social workers found her unconscious and informed GRP. Police said the girl identified the accused from a video footage of the train. GRP personnel then quizzed Armymen on the train and nabbed Tripathi. Howrah GRP has charged Tripathi under relevant IPC sections and under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.