An Army jawan has been arrested in connection with the alleged gangrape of a 14-year-old girl on board the Howrah-Amritsar Express. A Howrah court Tuesday sent to Mandrish Tripathi to seven days’ police custody.
Tripathi, a resident of UP’s Sultanpur, had allegedly forced the Class IX student to drink liquor when she was travelling to Ludhiana to meet a Facebook friend, said police. Later, he and two other Armymen allegedly gangraped her, they added. The two other accused are still at large.
The victim, a resident of Kolkata’s Dum Dum area, was rescued by RPF and GRP personnel from Jharkhand’s Madhupur station Monday. Police said the girl had told her family that she wanted to travel to Ludhiana to meet a friend. When she was not permitted, she reportedly left home without informing her family and boarded the train at Howrah Sunday.
Police said the victim reportedly entered a compartment reserved for Armymen, where Tripathi allegedly forced her to drink. The victim has alleged that when she went to the toilet, the three Armymen threatened her and raped her six times, said police.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
At Madhupur, some social workers found her unconscious and informed GRP. Police said the girl identified the accused from a video footage of the train. GRP personnel then quizzed Armymen on the train and nabbed Tripathi. Howrah GRP has charged Tripathi under relevant IPC sections and under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.