Jammu and Kashmir BJP Friday accused Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad of being a “Pak sympathiser” for his statement in Parliament, saying it reflects the thinking of his party that “trivialises” the martyrdom of soldiers. “Azad through his utterances has proved that he is a Pak sympathiser. Azad is not only the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha but also a very senior leader of the Congress party.
Watch What Else Is Making News
“The statements of Azad clearly demonstrate the thinking of Congress from which it clearly emerges that it has become a habit with Congress leaders to trivialise the martyrdom of our brave soldiers,” State BJP spokesperson Brig (retd) Anil Gupta told reporters here.
“BJP demands unconditional apology from Azad for his such remarks,” Gupta said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He also accused the Congress leaders of misusing the word “martyr” and trying to politicise the apolitical Indian Army by drawing comparison between Pakistan-sponsored terrorism and legal action of a popular, elected government to weed out black money.
“Congress has provided legitimacy to Pakistan. Congress wants to its protect black money and its leaders in the name of poor. Congress and its leaders have looted the national exchequer and created black money for decades in the name of ‘Gareebi Hatao’,” Gupta said.
The party spokesperson said that while the BJP was reaching out to the martyrs’ families with two to three-fold increase in the compensation for the supreme sacrifice, the Congress is belittling their sacrifices by comparing them with suicides and routine deaths, he said.
“Rahul Gandhi had coined the term ‘Khoon Ki Dalali’ and regrettably his party is exactly doing the same now. Azad through his utterances has proved that he is a Pak sympathiser,” he said.
The government’s action against black money has severely impacted not only the black money hoarders within the country but also Pakistan and its vast terror network.
“Azad needs to realise that there have been 81,000 deaths all across the country due to Pakistan-sponsored terrorism and no patriotic Indian can ever forgive that country for the same,” he said.