District administration today seized around 6,000 kg of Bengali rasgulla allegedly being prepared with adulterated milk and harmful chemicals following a raid on six workshops, running in rooms of a slum colony adjacent to Delhi-UP border, a senior official said. Additional District Magistrate (ADM) Preeti Jaiswal said on receiving secret information, raids were conducted on the illegal sweets making workshops in Harsh Vihar colony.
Watch What Else Is Making News
During the search around 4,000 kg rasgulla was seized and sent to be destroy as it was being prepared with “synthetic milk” brought from Mathura and some prohibited and poisonous chemicals, she said, adding also condition of the workshops was unhygienic.
Some of the workers from two workshops managed to escape from the spot after shutting down their doors.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
However, samples have been taken and sent to laboratory for testing.
A drive has been launched against those involved in the preparation and trade of adulterated sweets, the ADM city said.