Gas cylinder leakage: One more succumbs to injuries in Panchkula

The incident had occurred in house no. 171 in Sector 19, Abheypur, where Bhure Lal, a HUDA worker, lived with his wife Shanti and two children.

By: Express News Service | Panchkula | Published:October 11, 2016 3:23 am
panchkula, gas cylinder leakage panchkula, panchkula gas leakage, panchkula cylinder burst death, india news, panchkula news The accident had happened around 4 am, when Bhure Lal’s wife Shanti woke up and went to the kitchen to make tea. (Express Archive/Representational)

FIVE DAYS after a fire broke out due to gas cylinder leakage in a house at Abheypur, one more person who was injured in the accident succumbed to injuries in PGIMER, Chandigarh, on Monday.

The accident had claimed two lives — house owner’s wife Shanti and tenant Shiv Lal who were referred to PGI after they suffered over 50 per cent burn injuries. Both of them succumbed to injuries on October 7. Three days later, Shanti’s brother who was admitted to PGI too died.

The incident had occurred in house no. 171 in Sector 19, Abheypur, where Bhure Lal, a HUDA worker, lived with his wife Shanti and two children. Two tenants, Shiv Ram and Sandeep, too, lived in the house. Shanti’s brother Anand who lived near by was also present at the time of the incident.

The accident had happened around 4 am, when Bhure Lal’s wife Shanti woke up and went to the kitchen to make tea. She had then alerted the others who ran out of the house.

Her brother Anand and tenant Shiv Lal had then tried to control the fire which critically injured three of them. “All three of them — Shanti, her brother Anand and tenant Shiv Lal — succumbed to injuries,” said ASI Prakash, incharge of Police Post, Sector 19.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App

  1. No Comments.