A day after being allegedly gangraped by two local youths, a Class XI student committed suicide by hanging herself at her house in Pandri police station area in Mirzapur district on Friday morning. The victim’s mother was elected as Block Development Committee member in the recently held panchayat polls and the accused are brothers of her rival candidates.
A case has been filed against the accused Bindu (22) and Pappu (25) on charges of rape, abetment of suicide and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO). The duo was arrested and produced before the local court Saturday which sent them to judicial custody.
- Man made to drink urine for ‘harassing’ woman in Saharanpur: Behind panchayat’s ‘justice’, personal enmity, intimidation
- Lucknow: Gunner ‘absent’, prime witness in her son’s murder case shot at; probe ordered
- Political parties raise security concerns ahead of local polls in J-K
- 1 dead,over 20 hurt in clashes after results
- 3 die,over 2 dozen hurt in UP panchayat election violence
- Legislative Council poll: Over 95 % turnout recorded