A day after being allegedly gangraped by two local youths, a Class XI student committed suicide by hanging herself at her house in Pandri police station area in Mirzapur district on Friday morning. The victim’s mother was elected as Block Development Committee member in the recently held panchayat polls and the accused are brothers of her rival candidates.
A case has been filed against the accused Bindu (22) and Pappu (25) on charges of rape, abetment of suicide and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO). The duo was arrested and produced before the local court Saturday which sent them to judicial custody.
- UP Civic Polls 2017: CM Yogi Adityanath takes dig at Rahul Gandhi, BJP rides winning spree
- UP civic election results 2017 Live Updates: BJP wins 14 out of 16 seats, CM Adityanath gives credit to PM Modi's vision
- Lucknow mayoral campaign: Spotlight on candidates’ prominent relatives
- Congress senior leaders to campaign, first list of candidates likely on Thursday
- Urban local bodies elections in three phases, expense limit increased
- 1 dead,over 20 hurt in clashes after results