Two women Maoist cadres were killed in an encounter with the police in Maharashtra’s Etapalli tehsil of Gadchiroli district on Sunday evening.
- Chhattisgarh government data: ‘Fewer Maoists killed, more personnel dead’
- Top Maoist Jampanna surrenders in Hyderabad
- Seven naxalites killed by police in Gadchiroli encounter
- Seven Maoists, five of them women, killed in encounter in Maharashtra, says official
- Chhattisgarh: Naxal gunned down in Sukma; weapons recovered
- 2 suspected Maoists shot dead
”The encounter took place around 5 pm between our C-60 commandos and a joint formation of platoon 15 and the Kasansur dalam…near Chhattisgarh border,” said Inspector General of Police (Nagpur Range) Ravindra Kadam.
Along with two .303 guns, several shoulder bags carried by the rebels have been recovered from the spot. This is the first major success for the police in 2016.