Three girl students of SVS Yoga Medical College at Kallakurichi near Villupuram in Tamil Nadu committed suicide on Saturday evening accusing the administration of charging excess fees and “torture”, and blaming college chairman Vasuki Subramanian for their death.
In a two-page suicide note that all three of them — E Saranya and V Priyanka, both 18, and T Monisha, 19 — signed, the girls said students had filed several complaints against Subramanian, to no avail. Citing “torture” by the management, the girls hoped that their suicide would finally force authorities to take action against the chairman.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The bodies of the three were found in a well near the college. The girls were doing naturopathy courses.
Below is the full text of the letter – translated verbatim – allegedly written by the three students
Saranya, Monisha, Priyanka…we are students of SVS naturopathy medical college. This college is collecting enormous fees. But once paid for all of the fees, any (bill) receipt is not issued. There is no enough coaching to the extent fee is charged. We have no teachers to teach us. This was put up as complaint many times.. No steps taken. More than studying, we have been working more hours after joining here. Ever since we started study here, our families have been extremely stressed out. This college Chairman Vasuki (Subramanian) always abuse us calling us ‘criminals’. We have been suffering here in this college. At least now please take action against this college
Because of these reasons only we are committing suicide…! But this Chairman Vasuki might term us characterless after this. We are doing this only so action is taken against this college. We beg you not to take her words or believe if she speaks ill of us. We have still not passed our 2nd year. But they have extracted 6 lakhs fee from us.
All this is written by us in complete sensible state of mind.
— Arun Janardhanan (@arunjei) January 25, 2016