A man and his wife allegedly committed suicide after poisoning their two children in Rajkot late on Wednesday. While the couple and their daughter died, their son was battling for life in hospital, police said on Thursday.
The incident came to light late on Wednesday night after Dahya Nariya, 70, found the doors of his home locked from inside. When he opened it with the help of another key, he found his son Praful Nariya (38), daughter-in-law Rasila (35), and grandchildren — Shivani (14) and Dhruv (9) — lying unconscious on the floor. With the help of his neighbours, Nariya dialed emergency number 108. But a medical officer declared Praful, his wife Rasila and daughter Shivani dead. The boy was rushed to a hospital in critical condition.
City police said this was a case of suicide pact. “We recovered a container of aluminium phosphide tablets from near the bodies. Forensic science experts have said the victims could have died due to poisoning. On a piece of paper we recovered from Praful’s pocket, it is written that they were taking the step out of boredom or frustration,” ACP (west), Harshad Mehta, said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Prima facie, it does not seem that the family was in any financial crisis. Praful was a vegetable vendor, his wife was working and the family had rented out a room of their home to students at Rs 4,500 per month. The note makes no mention of any financial constraint,” Mehta added. The police have registered a case of accidental death.