Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Sunday said that a fresh BPL survey would be conducted soon to ensure that no eligible person is left out.
Khattar also said that bio-metric attendance-based e-ration facility would be launched from November 1 to inject transparency into the working of the PDS in the state.
He was addressing a public meeting today at Barala in Ambala district.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Referring to the demand regarding BPL survey made by Santosh Chauhan Sarwan, MLA and convener of the public meeting, he said the state government would conduct fresh BPL survey after two-three months to ensure that all eligible beneficiaries are covered.
Taking note of the difficulty faced by the eligible people while availing themselves of the Old Age Samman Allowance, he announced that the state government would soon start age assessment of such persons.
It would be done by a medical board of doctors at block level shortly so that each beneficiary gets pension after getting a certificate from the medical board, he said.
The Chief Minister said the state government would soon increase the social security pension from Rs 1,400 to Rs 1,600 on January 1, 2017.
It would be finally increased to Rs 2,000 per month as promised by the BJP in its election manifesto in 2017.
He disclosed that about two lakh fake pension accounts had been detected with the linkage of the social security pension with bank and Aadhaar.
The Public Distribution System would be made online from November 1 to inject transparency into the system. The beneficiaries would avail themselves of facilities only after logging biometric attendance, he said.
The CM laid the foundation stone of various development projects including mini secretariat and two 66 KVA power stations in the assembly constituency.
Terming it as a significant day, he said that birth anniversaries of Mahatma Gandhi and former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri fall on October 2.
He urged the people to help in achieving the goal of Swacch Bharat and Swacch Haryana.
Recalling the mantra of Prime Minister– “Na Khaunga-Na Khane Dunga,” he said that State Government is following the policy of zero tolerance towards corruption.
“The people indulge in corruption for their greed and lust of money,” he said.
Criticising the opposition parties, the Chief Minister said that leaders of opposition parties allegedly misled the people on false issues.
“Rather than levelling false allegations, they should introspect themselves what they had committed during their rule. Now, they are facing the cases of land, licence and other scams. Our government would fulfil all promises made to the people,” he added.