Freedom fighter and Congress leader Dr Raghunath Paprikar passed away at a private hospital here following a prolonged illness, family sources said on Tuesday. He was over 100 years old, they said adding that he breathed his last on Monday night.
Paprikar is survived by two sons and three daughters.
According to Congress sources, Paprikar was the oldest Congressman in Gwalior and had served as the party’s city unit chief for over twelve years. He had also served as the city Mayor in the 1960s.
Expressing grief over the death of Papriker, Union Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Narendra Singh Tomar said, “We have lost a leader who was a fatherly figure and who always guided us in different fields.”
Tomar lauded him for his role in the development of Gwalior city and his services for the downtrodden, which he said is an “example” for the people to follow.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
People cutting across the party lines paid their last respects to him. The last rites were performed here.