Tourists visiting Daman and Diu will get free Wi-Fi facility from on Sunday with the administration making the service available as part of the Centre’s Digital India programme. Other parts of the Union Territory will also be given access to free Wi-Fi in coming days, Daman and Diu administrator Praful Patel said.
“Free Wi-fi internet service has been made available at many tourist and public places as a step towards Digital India programme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi,” Patel said.
The service has been launched by the Information Technology department of Daman and Diu along with BSNL, Patel said, adding that with this, a user can use data upto 300 MB on mobile handset at a speed of 2 to 4 Mbps.
To start with, the service has been made available in Daman in areas frequented by tourists such as Fort area, Pargola Garden, Bom Church, Moti Daman and Nani Daman Jetty, Devka Beach, Marwad Hospital, Somnath Temple and Jampore Beach.
In Diu, the facility will be available at Nagoa Beach, Khukri, Bandar Chowk, and Jalandhar Guest House.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Efforts are on to make the whole Daman and Diu free Wi-fi Zone in times to come,” Patel said.