Devotees visiting Punjab’s Golden Temple will now have free Wi-Fi internet access within the temple complex and its peripheral area.
The service would not be available inside the sanctum sanctorum of the temple and the marbled area around the water pond, keeping religious ethics in view, Additional Secretary of Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee, Daljit Singh Bedi said here on Sunday.
- President Ram Nath Kovind pays obeisance at Golden Temple
- Sabarimala temple opens for festival season, thousands line up for first 'darshan'
- SGPC task force, aides of parallel Jathedars clash, three injured outside Golden temple
- A day in the life of Golden Temple Langar: Free for all
- SGPC asks centre of exempt free kitchen from GST
- Dera Radha Soami Sect chief pays obeisance at Golden Temple
The facility would be available in all nearby routes around the periphery of Golden Temple, besides all the guest-houses run by SGPC for pilgrims in the temple complex.
He said wi-fi would also be functional in all the offices of SGPC and related offices of Golden Temple, besides Akal Takht.
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE
Bedi said the free wi-fi facility will be provided by Videocon.