Gold bars weighing over 14 kilograms worth Rs 4 crore were allegedly robbed from the office of a cash logistics company in Navrangpura area on Saturday. The robbery has been captured in the CCTV camera that shows two suspects looting gold by breaking the lockers containing gold.
The police officials said that the robbery took place at the office of SIS Prosegur, a cash logistics company, at its Mithakali office where two suspects attacked a security guard with iron rod sometime on Friday night.
The incident was reported to police early Saturday morning after which the police recovered a CCTV footage which showed the two suspects looting gold by breaking a locker. The footage shows the two suspects had covered their faces with handkerchief. According to police, the footage reveals that one of the suspects may be a woman.
The complaint has been lodged by Amitkumar Mishra who works as vault officer of the company. He has said that there were gold and other jewelries kept in the strongroom belonging to different traders from Rajkot, Vadodara among other places. He has said that he received a call from his office at 5 AM about the robbery.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The complaint states that two persons entered the office of SIS Prosegur and made away with 14.2 kg gold bars worth over Rs 4 crore which were kept in two boxes. Earlier, the suspects entered the office attacking an armed guard Satishpal Chauhan who was posted there as a gunman. Chauhan was attacked on head with an iron rod when he tried to raise alarm, while another guard was asleep.
RV Desai, police inspector of Navrangpura said that “The identity of the robbers is not immediately clear and we are investigating the matter,” Desai said. He said dog squad and Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) were involved in the investigations but nobody has been arrested as yet.
The Ahmedabad Detection of Crime Branch officials have also been roped in to detect the case. Deputy Commissioner of Police, Zone-1, Bipin Ahire said that “Nothing concrete has been found yet but we are looking into all the aspects.” When asked if one of the suspects could be a woman Ahire said, “We are looking.”