Of the 10 alleged Naxals arrested Saturday in Noida by the Uttar Pradesh ATS, four are from Bihar. Police sources said these men had been moving in and out of the state for the last two years.
According to police sources, one of the men, Krishna Kumar Ram, had unsuccessfully contested for the post of a mukhiya in the panchayat elections in Rohtas this year.
Krishna Kumar Ram and Sunil Kumar Yadav, sources said, are from Rohtas while Pawan Kumar Jha is from Madhubani and Shailendra Kumar from Buxar. Ram worked a private security guard of a contractor engaged in the Durgavati water project. A resident of Mehuri village under Darigaon police station, he had unsuccessfully contested the panchayat elections. His father, Shiv Vachan Ram, said: “My son contested the panchayat elections with only Rs 15,000. He had been living in and out of Bihar for sometime.”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Darigaon police station in-charge Kamlesh Paswan said Ram has no case against him but Rohtas police sources said they were going through their records.
Sunil Kumar Yadav is from a village near Sasaram, the district headquarters of Rohtas. Yadav’s family claimed he had gone to Noida to study.
Pawan Kumar Jha lived in Noida where he taught students. He had not been living in Bihar for the last four years, sources said. Shailendra Kumar, a resident of Sonpa village under Dumraon in Buxar, had also been away from the state for the last one year.