THE Thane police’s probe into the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) scam led them to four more call centres at different locations of Mira Road Saturday. Police searched the new locations but found them deserted. Officers said those running the four call centres seemed to have fled with most of the hard disks and servers.
Operators at eight Mira Road call centres were earlier found to have duped people in the US pretending to be officials from the IRS and extracting money by threatening them with a “tax investigation”.
Police said that scripts similar to those found at the raided call centres have been recovered from the new locations. The scripts suggest that the ‘dialers’ at these locations were impersonating officials from the US Department of the Treasury.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen