At least four persons were killed and 29 others injured when a tractor trolley they were travelling on was hit by a speeding truck near Ladvel village in Kathlal taluka of Kheda district, police said today.
Over 36 devotees were on their way back home in Amba village of Aravalli district after completing a pilgrimage to the Mahakali Mata temple at Pavagadh in Panchmahals district when the truck hit their tractor from the rear, late last night, police said.
Watch what else is making news
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Four persons died on the spot while 29 were injured at Ladvel chowkdi around 10 pm last night. The injured were taken to different government hospitals,” Kathlal police sub inspector A G Rathod said.
The deceased were identified as Bharat Khant, Vikram Khant, Deepak Khant and Vijay Khant.
Rathod said the devotees had walked on foot to reach the Pavagadh temple from their village in Arvalli district, and were going back on a tractor when the accident took place.