Three Army jawans are reported to have been injured in Pakistani mortar shelling along the Line of Control in Mankote sector on Wednesday night.
Defence Ministry spokesperson Lt Colonel Manish Mehta denied injury to any jawan, but police sources said that three soldiers were injured.
Pakistani troops fired mortars and automatic and small arms to target Indian positions in Balakote and Balnoi areas, the sources said, adding that firing continued till 8.30 pm. The Indian troops retaliated.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The sources said the situation was “live” along the LoC in Pallanwalla area, with Pakistani troops targeting over half a dozen locations on the Indian side on Wednesday night. They were also firing along the LoC in Sunderbani area of Rajouri district and Balnoi of Poonch district.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Ever since Indian carried out surgical strikes on terror launching pads across the Line of Control causing significant damage to terrorists and those shielding them, Pakistani troops have been resorting to unprovoked firing on the Indian side along the LoC frequent intervals almost daily. The International Border in Jammu, Samba and Kathua districts, however, continues to remain peaceful.
In view of the mounting tension, State government has already put in.place it’s contingency plan alerting people living in border to get ready for moving to safer places at any moment. It has ordered closure of all the educational institutions in border areas and hot its various building vacated for accommodating people migrating from borders in the event of any emergency situation.
At present, a large number of people from various border villages have already moved to safer places. Many more leaving their houses during night and return next morning.