Intensifying action, Pakistan troops on Monday violated ceasefire four times by resorting to heavy
mortar shelling and firing on Indian Army posts and civilian areas along LoC in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, leaving five civilians injured and several shops ablaze.
Reports said in the retaliatory action by the Indian Army, one Pakistani post Twiven1 has been been destroyed. The firing and shelling is going on in various areas along the LoC, officials said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Pakistan resorted to firing and shelling in Shahpur, Krishnagati, Mandi and Sabzian sectors in Poonch district, officials said.
“Pakistan troops resorted to unprovoked firing in Mandi and Sabzian sectors of Poonch district from 1345 hours today,” Defence spokesman Col Manish Mehta said. They fired 120 mm, 80 mm mortar bombs, automatic weapons and small arms, he said, adding the exchanges are going on.
Earlier, Pakistani troops violated ceasefire in Poonch using small arms, automatic and mortar bombs (in Shahpur) in Poonch, the spokesman said. “It has appropriately been responded to, we have given them befitting reply. The ceasefire violation is still on,” he said.
J&K: Person injured after grenade blast in Poonch Mini Secretariat building earlier today (where encounter had taken place 20 days back) pic.twitter.com/1Z224xfcmd
— ANI (@ANI_news) October 3, 2016
A Police officer said the firing started at around 1045 hours and is going on. Pakistan troops resorted to brief firing in Krishnagati sector of Poonch district around 0100 hours, officials said.
In shelling, five people were injured in Shahpur Kerni and Saujian sectors, officials said, adding the injured have been hospitalised.
Meanwhile, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and briefed him about the security situation in the wake of a fidayeen attack on an army camp in Baramulla and the ceasefire violations by Pakistan.
Doval’s meeting with the Prime Minister comes after the late Sunday night attack by fidayeen militants on a 46 Rashtriya Rifles army camp in Baramulla, which was foiled. Two Border Security Forces troopers were injured, one of who died later.