FORMER SAD MLA from Amritsar South , Inderbir Singh Bolaria, and SAD’s former district chief Upkar Singh Sandhu joined the Congress on Tuesday. Addressing a press conference, Punjab Congress chief Capt Amarinder said, “Bolaria comes from a Congress background as his father had worked closely with me in the party before joining the Akali Dal. It is rather a homecoming for Bolaria.” He clarified that the decision to offer ticket to Bolaria will be the Congress high command’s.
Reiterating his earlier stand on former Amritsar MP Navjot Singh Sidhu, he said, “Everyone is welcome to join the Congress but without any condition and have to follow a certain discipline. Sidhu’s Awaaz-e-Punjab is welcome to merge with us” “We do not want any indiscipline. I had said (Awaaz-e-Punjab members) Bains brothers and Pargat Singh were welcome but Sidhu was not required. This was pertaining to the development that took place in the recent days,” said Captain.
Amarinder also condemned the alleged assault of Congress workers and leaders in Ludhiana by Akali men Monday night. “I will avenge each and every assault on my workers,” he said. Later, Captain attended the Raven Dahan event in Amritsar South assembly constituency organised by Bolaria. He compared Ravana, Kumbhkaran and Meghnad with the top leadership of SAD.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Inderbir Singh Bolaria, who was once a close confidant of Bikram Singh Majithia, said, “Party is not the issue. The issue is who is running the party. In present times, only Captain Amarinder Singh can save Punjab and hence I have joined Congress party,” he said. He claimed he never implicated any Congress worker in any fake case in his constituency.
“Show me even once such case. I never victimised Congress workers. The few Congress men, who have been opposing my entry into party, are those who have come from SAD,” Said Bolaria. Upkar Singh Sandhu, who also joined Congress on Tuesday, had resigned from SAD protesting incidents of desecration last year. Sandhu had re-joined SAD after a few months but was not made district president again. He left the party soon after.