Former Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot escaped unhurt when a makeshift stage collapsed at a public function in Tonk district.
Gehlot along with former union minister Namonarin Meena and other local leaders were sitting on the dais and when the function was over, their supporters got on to the stage to take pictures with them and due to overloading it collapsed on Sunday, police said. They were taken to a hospital for a medical checkup.
“The tests were normal though Meena received mild bruises and Gehlot had muscle strain in the leg,” Dr Arvind Lunawat of Saadat hospital said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Later, Gehlot left for Jaipur. He was in Tonk to attend a programme organised by Mali community Mahadev Vali.