Senior Congress leader and former MP A C Jose died in Kochi on Saturday morning. He was 79. Jose, who was both chief editor and managing editor of Congress daily Veekshanam, had been elected to the Lok Sabha thrice and to the state assembly twice.
While serving as the Speaker of the state assembly in 1982, Jose had exercised the casting vote to save the then Congress government led by K Karunakaran.
Jose, one of the office bearers of Congress students’ wing, Kerala Students’ Union, in its initial days, has been the only Speaker in the history of Kerala Assembly who had used the casting vote to retain a government in power.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
A prominent trade union leader, Jose had been elected to the Lok Sabha in 1996, 1998 and 1999 from different segments in Kerala. He had also served as the mayor of Kochi municipal corporation early on in his political career.