Senior Congress leader and former MP A C Jose died in Kochi on Saturday morning. He was 79. Jose, who was both chief editor and managing editor of Congress daily Veekshanam, had been elected to the Lok Sabha thrice and to the state assembly twice.
While serving as the Speaker of the state assembly in 1982, Jose had exercised the casting vote to save the then Congress government led by K Karunakaran.
Jose, one of the office bearers of Congress students’ wing, Kerala Students’ Union, in its initial days, has been the only Speaker in the history of Kerala Assembly who had used the casting vote to retain a government in power.
A prominent trade union leader, Jose had been elected to the Lok Sabha in 1996, 1998 and 1999 from different segments in Kerala. He had also served as the mayor of Kochi municipal corporation early on in his political career.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More