Former Janata Dal MP Wasim Ahmed has demanded a time-bound impartial probe into the allegations of financial irregularities and improprieties against Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Vice Chancellor Zameeruddin Shah. “I welcome the probe ordered by the President of India (who is the Visitor of AMU). I now urge the HRD minister to
institute a time-bound inquiry against Shah and nominate persons in the enquiry panel for a fair, impartial probe,” he said.
On Monday, Mukherjee ordered an inquiry into the allegations against Shah. Ahmad, a former nominee of the
Visitor, who spearheaded a campaign against Shah, had submitted a memorandum to HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar along with a report of the CAG official into the alleged irregularities.
Shah has denied the allegations saying some vested interests were behind the campaign to sully his image and that
he was ready to face any probe. “There is a long list of financial irregularities and improprieties in appointments committed by Shah as AMU vice chancellor,” Ahmed said.
“The charges against me are being levelled by some vested interests to jeopardise and prejudice the on-going case
against my appointment in the apex court,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More