Former Chief Election Commissioner SY Quraishi on Saturday denied reports suggesting that he may get married to current Nepal election commissioner Ila Sharma. Quraishi went on Twitter to say that he is good friends with Ila and rest all is speculation.
“Ref media buzz: Election Commissioner Nepal @ila_home and I are indeed very good friends. All else is interesting speculation,” Dr. SY Quraishi wrote on Twitter.
Quraishi also complimented Sharma for her ‘grit and guts’ in pursuing electoral reforms in Nepal.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“I admire the grit and guts of Election Commissioner @ila_home in pursuit of electoral reforms and gender equity in Nepal,” Quraishi said in a tweet.
A report in The Telegraph earlier suggested that Quraishi, 69, and Sharma, 49 who reportedly hit it off during the conference on money in politics in Mexico in September 2015 and have come close ever since, might be reaching the ‘logical conclusion’ of their communion this week.
“This is a personal bond between us,” The Telegraph quoted him as saying. Quraishi also said that the two times that they’ve tried to get married, some or the other reason caused them to delay, terming the timing of the wedding “speculative”.
The paper, citing sources, said that the prospective bride and groom were both facing mild resistance from their families.