A “swachh LoC” has been achieved after Indian security forces gave a befitting reply to our neighbour which is funding and abetting terror, Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu said on Sunday.
“The other day you have seen what is Modi. Our neighbour is funding, aiding, abetting, training terrorists. They have been given a befitting reply by our forces…. swachh man, swachh dhan, swachh tan and now swachh border, swachh LoC has been done. Now all have to come together to take forward Swachh Bharat,” the Information and Broadcasting minister said. The senior minister was referring to the Army’s surgical strikes across LoC in Pak occupied Kashmir (PoK) where it destroyed terror launch pads.
Watch what else is making news:
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, Naidu also asked people to respond to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for a clean India and become ‘swachhagrahis’. Lauding the Prime Minister, Naidu said Modi stands for “Mood of Developing India”. He said Mahatama Gandhi had during the freedom movement given a call for satyagraha and those who participated became ‘satyagrahis’.
“Now the time has come, all of us taking the call of the Prime Minister should become ‘Swacchagrahi’. On the pious day of Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday today, let us all become ‘Swacchagrahi’, Naidu, who also holds the Urban Development portfolio said. He said in the 21st century India had to be free from illiteracy and “Litterati” – a reference to those who throw litter in the open.
He said the Prime Minister always wanted ‘Swacch Bharat’ to become a people’s movement. The aim of the nationwide cleanliness drive was to clean up the country by 2019, the year that marks the 150th anniversary of the birth of Gandhiji. The senior minister was speaking at the award giving ceremony of a ‘Swachh’ film competition, where Minister of State for I&B Rajyavardhan Rathore was also present.
While lauding the creativity of those who participated in the short film competition, Naidu said eminent filmmakers- Madhur Bhandarkar, Radhakrishna Jagarlamudi, Prasoon Pandey, Ramesh Sippy and Shoojit Sircar will also produce films on Swachh Bharat. Naidu said efforts will be made to exhibit these films widely.