Indian Air Force chief Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha on Saturday said the IAF is prepared to deal with “any challenge” in “most befitting manner”. In his message on official Facebook page of the IAF — Indian Air Force, Power to Punish — the Air Force chief said the force is operating some of the most modern weapon and equipment and the air warriors exercise ceaseless vigil of skies.
“We continue to train to take up any threat and are fully prepared to undertake any challenge in most befitting manner,” the IAF chief said. The official Facebook page of IAF was launched on Saturday on 84th Air Force Day.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday saluted all the Air Force personnel and their families, thanking them for protecting the nations’ skies. “Saluting all air warriors & their families on Air Force Day. Thank you for protecting our skies. Your courage makes India proud,” the Prime Minister tweeted.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
President Pranab Mukherjee also greeted the Indian Air Force on its anniversary and said in a message that the nation is proud of the capability and competency of the IAF as over the last eight decades, it has emerged as an immensely professional and combat-ready force.
The Air Force Day is celebrated to commemorate the day the force was officially established, October 8, 1932.