Continuing its barrage on the grand old party, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday slammed the Congress’s ideology asserting that the nation’s interest were their last priority, as the Gandhi family and the party came first.
BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra compared the ideology of the two parties as he criticised Congress for putting party vice president Rahul Gandhi on the fore front compared to the prestige of the nation.
“As per the core ideology of the Bharatiya Janata party and the Congress is concerned, there is a huge difference between the two. For Bharatiya Janata party that is nation first, party thereafter and self at last and what is the core ideology of the congress? The family first, that is the Gandhi family, party thereafter and then the country last and the same principle has been followed in defending Mr. Rahul Gandhi by other congressmen,” he told ANI here.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Mr Rahul Gandhi uses the phrase khoon ki dalali because they want him to be put on the fore front and not the prestige of India,” Patra added.
Taking on Rahul Gandhi for his “dalali” diatribe directed at Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah on Friday hit back at the Congress vice-president, asking whether “dalali” was an appropriate word used in reference for the Indian Army and their valiant efforts in serving the nation.
Addressing a press conference yesterday, Shah hit out at Gandhi, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and others for politicising the surgical strikes carried out by the Indian Army inside Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) on September 29.
By saying ‘dalali’ over soldiers’ blood, Rahul Gandhi has crossed all limits. The remarks reflect the Congress’ mentality,” Shah said during a news conference at the BJP headquarters. “I strongly condemn his remarks. They are an insult not only to the brave armed forces and martyrs but the entire country.”
“We want to ask him, who was the dalal in the Bofors scandal? Who was the dalal in the 2G scam? Dalali is a word used for deals. I want to ask Rahul Gandhi how is it possible to refer to this word while talking about the sacrifices of the Indian Army? Is the blood of our soldiers a tradable commodity?” Shah posed these questions at Friday’s press conference.
Rahul Gandhi, during a rally on Thursday, accused the Narendra Modi government of hiding behind the sacrifices of Indian soldiers. More than that, he went ahead and accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of “khoon ki dalali” which sparked the controversy.