Union Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan said the National Food Security Act will be implemented in the remaining states in July to bring the whole country under its the ambit.
“National Food Security Act is in force in 33 States/UTs, and in states of Tamil Nadu and Nagaland it will be implemented in next month,” he said.
Paswan, who was in Ajmer to celebrate two-years of BJP rule in the country, said government was working for the uplift of the weaker sections and has initiated various schemes for them is last two years.
- Government will import 2,000 tonnes of onion to check prices, says Paswan
- Gujarat Assembly Elections 2017: LJP not to field candidates, will support BJP
- Central team to probe death of Simdega girl: Ram Vilas Paswan
- No shortage of sugar, won't allow prices to go up: Ram Vilas Paswan
- Govt making all-out efforts to boost farmers' income, says Ram Vilas Paswan
- Ram Vilas Paswan asks North Eastern states to implement total PDS computerisation
“The government is working for the empowerment of the weaker secton of the society, especially women and is providing financial support to them to improve their living,” he said, adding essential commodities like rice and wheat has been made availabe for them at cheaper rates.
“Wheat for Rs 2 per kg and rice Rs 3 per kg is given to poor people,” he said.
He said the country will not face problems of price rise in pulses as the government is mulling to procure the deficit stock from other countries.
“Production of pulses will be 178 lakh tonne. While the demand is 286 lakh tonne, the remaining 108 lakh tonne will be bought from countries like South Africa,” the Union minister said.
Paswan, who is also the chief of Lok Janshakti Party, said his party will allign with BJP in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
“LJP will be part of the NDA in UP elections,” he said.
Hailing Narendra Modi, Paswan said the Prime Minister has ushered the country to an era of development.
“Modi means work and work means Modi,” he said.
He was accompained by Union Minister of State Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Giriraj Singh and and BJP, National General Secretary, Bhupendra Yadav.